These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Check out our free Galaxy Note8 teardown wallpapers! Choose from iFixit or Creative Electron (X-ray) versions.
Samsung's Galaxy Note8 is the successor to the notorious 2016 phablet that ended up being recalled, the Galaxy Note7. This smartphone features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 in North America or Samsung Exynos 8895 globally. The phone has 6 GB of LPDDR4 RAM and internal storage options of 64 GB, 128 GB, or 256 GB(which can be expanded by microSD). The Note8 also has a dual camera with optical zoom up to 2x and digital zoom up to 10x, USB-C port, an IP68 ingress resistance rating, and a 3300mAh battery.
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (Octa-core processor with one 2.35 GHz Quad-core processor and one 1.9 GHz Quad-core processor)
- International version: Samsung Exynos 8890 (Octa-core processor with one 2.3 GHz Quad-core processor and one 1.7 GHz Quad-core processor)
- Memory: 6 GB LPDDR RAM
- Storage: 64/128/256 GB internal memory (expandable via microSD card)
- 6.3-inch curved panel
- 2960 x 1440 pixels (518 ppi)
- Super AMOLED display
- Main Camera: Dual-lens camera with 12 megapixel wide-angle lens with ƒ/1.7 aperture, and a 12 megapixel telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, both equipped with OIS
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixel lens with ƒ/1.7 aperture
- Ports and Connectivity
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz) MIMO
- Bluetooth v 5.0 LE
- USB Type-C
- Headphone jack
- Battery: 3300 mAh integrated li-ion battery
- Size: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm (6.40 x 2.94 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 195g (6.88 oz)
- Additional Features
- IP68 water/dust resistance rating (1.5 meters underwater up to 30 minutes)
Samsung: Official Page
Wikipedia: Samsung Galaxy Note8