Dit is een aantal algemene gereedschappen dat gebruikt wordt om aan dit apparaat te werken. Je hebt niet elk stuk gereedschap voor elke procedure nodig.
Find the answers to common hardware problems on our Powerbook Troubleshooting Guide
- Memory: The PowerBook 1400 Series comes with 16mb of internal memory. For a performance boost the memory can be upgraded up to 64mb easily by adding 1 or 2 additional memory modules.
- Hard Drive: The PowerBook 1400 Series comes with a 1.3GB EIDE hard drive. For additional memory the hard drive may be upgraded up to a 8.2GB EIDE drive.
- Battery: The battery for the PowerBook 1400 Series can be removed and replaced with a compatible battery. The battery can be replaced in under a minute.
- Optical Drive: The PowerBook 1400 Series contains a 8x CD-Rom drive which can be removed and replaced easily.
- Expansion Slots: The PowerBook 1400 Series contains two expansion slots for the use separately purchased PC Cards.
Identification and Background
Released in October 1996, the Macintosh PowerBook 1400 Series is the first laptop with a CD-ROM drive.
The PowerBook 1400 Series is easily upgradeable allowing you to change various parts including the RAM, Hard Drive, Battery, and CD Rom.
The PowerBook 1400 comes in two models, the 1400c and the 1400cs. To identify which device you have, look below the bottom right corner of the screen, you should see "Powerbook 1400c" or "Powerbook 1400cs."