Hi there! I'm David Hoyt, Cal Poly CPE grad and drone aficionado. I have quite a bit of experience with building, flying, and (of course) fixing drones, and would love to share as much of that as I can. You can find more information about me on my LinkedIn.
Some of my copters at iFixit's office in SLO
And now, please allow me to drone on...
- Sepulveda Dam - Filming for Infinity Automotive
- Palmdale Desert - Filming for 'Wish I Was Here' (2014)
- The Japanese Garden, Van Nuys - Filming for Discovery Channel
- Universal Studios Backlot - Filming for T.J. Maxx · Marshalls · HomeGoods
- Built the 'GryzzlBox Delivery Drone' and delivery box mechanism for Parks & Rec (NBC), operated it on set during shooting.
- Three Heavylift Octocopters designed to carry RED Epic cameras (brushless gimbals, wireless video, one built using a H3-3D gimbal for FPV)
- Two Mid-Sized Quadcopters (Brushless gimbals, wireless video, one with autonomous flight)
- Rainbow LED copter with sequenceable RGB LEDs!
- I was in the Drone edition of Make Magazine, and got to visit their headquarters in Sebastopol, CA for a day with Drone Dudes
- Homebuilt two hexacopters and three quadcopters, all Ardupilot based
- Senior project at Cal Poly - Collision Avoidance
- Two fixed wing aircraft, both autonomous, exchanged GPS information and avoided each other's airspace
- I took a drone on a 3500 mile road trip
- M2 and M2.5 Screwdrivers
- Velcro, mounting tape, and zip ties
- 3D Printer
Demontages waar ik aan gewerkt heb
Handleidingen waar ik aan meegewerkt heb
Using Magic Mouse with Windows in BootcampHas anyone been able to successfully use an Apple Magic Mouse in bootcamp, preferably under Windows 7? I have tried a few tim...
Building Extra LiPo Mac BatteryI want to buy some Lithium Polymer batteries off a website and solder a mag socket power switch (the Standard Mac Power Plug)...
Heeft geantwoord op: Broke Flat cable Gimbal H3-3DAssuming you're referring to the G8 cable, I found one here by searching 'DJI G8 Cable' on Google Shopping: Link