Background and Identification
The Kenmore 80 Series is a washing machine sold by Kenmore, a Sears-owned brand of household appliances. The first Kenmore brand washing machine was released in 1927, as they continue to sell a variety of washing machines and other products as of 2020.
The 80 Series washing machines is part of the Elite line of Kenmore products. It is also Energy Star rated, which means that it meets certain energy efficiency standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy.
This washer has several notable features. First, it automatically sets the water level based on the size of the load of laundry. This makes it easier for the user, because they don’t need to choose what level is needed. It also reduces water waste, because the washer can provide the exact water level needed for any given weight. Another feature of this washing machine is that the first eight minutes of the cycle allow the user to add any forgotten or extra garments to the load without having to stop or restart the cycle.
To identify the model number of your Kenmore washing machine, check the front cover or first few pages of the product manual. Kenmore washers can have the model number in a variety of places depending on who manufactured the washer. For a top-loading Kenmore washer, try these locations to find your model number:
- the back of the control panel
- the upper-left hand corner of the back
- the lower left-hand corner of the front
- any stickers on the lid or inside corners
- along the lower side panels
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 27” x 38” x 31.5”
- Dimensions with Door Open: 27” x 38” x 50.5”
- Hot Water Temperature: 120* F
- Water Pressure: 20-100 psi
- Power: Electric
- Dispenser Compartments: 3
- Shock Absorbers: 4
- Springs: 2