How to root my ZTE n817 android phone
I need help rooting my ZTE n817 android phone without using a PC
Is dit een goede vraag?
Repair guides and support for the ZTE n817, also known as the ZTE Quest.
I need help rooting my ZTE n817 android phone without using a PC
please let me know if you try using the method... Unfortunately my kids do not allow me the time to try so I have to make a time but I need to know if it will work "Download and install RommasterSu zip below and install it and gain root. It is in chinese and will install proper root using a superuser app they like to call "Kinguser". Dont worry about all the chinese you see..just click the few prompts you see by selecting the buttons that are blue and on right hand side of screen at the bottom..then you will see a little red root button next to a small cartoon character,pick it to gain root..once root is gained move to step two.
2. Download and prepare to install [Root] Rashr below by first downloading TWRP Recovery from here on the forums. Once you have the recovery downloaded and in the root of your sdcard,install this app. You will be first prompted with a disclaimer,select "I know the risk" option and then select the big "recovery" button,and then select "Other from storage"..now select recovery.img [this is your recovery image,be sure to extract it from any zip it may be in,Rashr will need the base recovery img file]from your sdcard and allow the app to flash it,once the app flashes the recovery img it will offer the option to boot in to recovery.. Go ahead and reboot in to recovery and move on to step 3.
3. Once in recovery backup your current rom. Once that is done perform a wipe of cache,dalvik-cache,data,internal storage and system,and finally install rom of your choice and reboot. (Already have one downloaded and ready to try out..) I would suggest something like L Awe rom as something to begin with and you wont be disappointed. It is a well made custom stock rom.
edit: the zips proivided need to be extracted...use an app like root explorer.
also i made this guide after several failed attempts at using the pc methods on xp,vista and windows 7 devices..there was always some conflict between the phones drivers and pdanet on vista and windows 7 and xp refused to sideload anything on my pc and caused the pc to reboot when attempting to sideload...usb conflict...so if you do encounter any issues on your windows devices..this might be just what you are looking for "
ZTE n817 free phone I need TWRP recovery.form someone write about rooting with TWRP . I didn't find he talk about TWRP download for n817. I already root and need recovery likes TWRP or CM
i dont have a answer i have a qusetion, i dont know how to fix my ZTE, it got wet and now the screen just stays black, it comes on but i cant do anything. my phone is a government phone.
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THAT WORKS! GUARANTEED!!!
I have recently discovered how to root my ZTE N817 quest. I looked allover used probably at least 20 programs the said they could root my device.
I found one that would give me temp root but it would just disappear and go back to un-rooted. here are the files you will need and how I did it...
1. download Tunesgo trial. here https://tunesgo.wondershare.com/
2. make sure its not the other software that they have but Tunesgo software.
3. run program and connect your phone via USB cable.
4. after the program runs and detects your phone select toolbox from the menu, then select one-click root.
5. it took close to about 20 - 30 minutess to root my phone.
6 Almost done.... This will leave you with a temp root or a disappearing root.
7. right after it says your phone is rooted, the run a small batch file that I created that installs SU and busy box.
8 this must be done right after away after running Tunesgo.
after the batch file ends it will reboot you phone and you will be fully rooted..
Here is the link for my batch file to install SU and busy box
Let me know if this helps anyone...
I pasted that reply from some other site. One thing to note , Wondershare never even finished the temp root. It had taken over 20 minutes and had kept restarting my phone. I just ran the batch file while it was still working on it and it worked like a charm! Never unplug your phone during any of these steps and make sure to run the batch file as an administrator. It will work.
Yes this does work 100%. I've had my N817 for over a year trying to root it, this method did it about a month ago, but I still haven't found a custom recovery yet. This is actually a very fast phone. It just has very low memory. It uses zram to enhance memory by default. I like to use swap on low ram devices, but this phone has issues with sd card, almost rendering the sd card useless. So I switched to internal drive swap.
There is currently no reliable way to root this phone without a computer. Here is a thread from XDA forums (I am a Sr member) that tells you what to do. I will warn you this phone may brick and become unbootable
My advice, toss this piece of junk and find a better $20 phone
Here is a complete, tested method of rooting this. It's from XDA developers forum of which I am a Sr member
This is the ONLY guide I would trust. Matter of fact XDA (&Rootjunky.) are the ONLY places I trust for rooting and higher level tech advice.
I worked on this project a lot. It works. Be sure to follow the steps EXACTLY. I've had more people emailing me about bricking their devices than I can count.
One thing, when replacing the superuser, Kinguser (malware crap) be very careful because I don't know anyone who has been successful flashing factory firmware on this.
There are no custom ROMs I'm aware of for this. you can take a Nandroid backup, but you can't use it since this version of TWRP cannot see the SD card.
This phone is an old piece of garbage that is used in the Obama Phone programs. very slow and little storage. I smashed mine.
Better to find a plan that letz you bring your own phone to a carrier that will let you. I'm only aware of Safelink (350 min, unlimited text 1gb data free on progam, I spend $45/month for unlimited everything with them.
Hi all,Yup I have a ZTE-817 myself>the biggest POS i have ever seen,it does things when it's not supposed to, I'm positive it's schizophrenic,I'm hoping to give it Shock Therapy via usb to get to the root of the problem,anyway I hope this all works,Please be advised,,if I don't report back The phone has killed me.
Afgelopen 24 Uren: 1
Afgelopen 7 Dagen: 24
Afgelopen 30 Dagen: 179