Dit zijn een aantal algemene gereedschappen die gebruikt worden om aan dit apparaat te werken. Je hebt niet elk stuk gereedschap voor elke procedure nodig.
If you are experiencing difficulties with your router please check out the troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
The EA9200 is your standard looking router, having three external antennas and a simple sleek, compact look. This is the second major release of these tri-band routers for those who demand 802.11ac. This router also supports 802.11 b/g/n clients. However, the firmware has not been released that allows the full utilization of some of these features. One feature that does work is the SMART setup which allows users to setup their router via the cloud using applications found in the Google Play Store or iOS (can be used on phones and tablets).
The easiest way to identify the EA9200 is to look at the sticker that is under the stand mounted to the router. If the sticker is missing you can get the exact version information from the circuit board inside the router. The other models that are similair to this one have four external antennas as this one only has three.
Updating your firmware
If you think your need to update your firmware or would like to install a different version the following may assist.
First and foremost updating the router firmware has the possibility to cause the router to no longer function as intended if done incorrectly.
Preparing to update firmware
Remove all connections (ethernet and USB ports) to the router besides the power and the connection to the computer that is updating the router. Ethernet connections are highly recommended in this situation as it will provide the most stable connection. If not possible proceed with caution.
Updating firmware Steps
- Log into the router and check the firmware version (generally in the upper right-hand corner)
- Go to the product page at the Linksys Support Site and download the firmware.
- Backup the current router configuration to your computer.
- Click on the Administration Tab
- Click Firmware upgrade and then browse for the firmware file you just downloaded.
- Start the upgrade you may get a warning.
- Once the upgrade is finished power-cycle the router by unplugging it (using the power button is not sufficient).