Why new Philips 32PFS6402 turns on itself?
My new Philips 32PFS6402 turns on from stand-by itself with no reason.
Philips helpdesk keeps continuing that:
1) Update software! DONE!
2) Is your Automatic Channel Update “off”? YES, OFF!
3) Is your Channel Update Messages “off”? YES, OFF!
4) Have you changed the batteries in remote? YES!
5) Do you have Philips monitors in the same room with power sensors? NO! THIS OLD S… IN OTHER ROOM HAS EVER SEEN ANY POWER SENSORS!
6) Maybe your remote on/off button has short circuit? HOW SHOULD I KNOW, BUT IT DEFINITELY WONT TURN TV OFF BY ITSELF WHILE WATCHING IT! WHAT KIND OF SELECTIVE SHORT CIRCUIT THIS COULD BE?
7) Maybe your neighbours have same TV-sets and they can influence it? NO! I CHECKED EVERY NEIGHBOUR, BUT THIS WAS LIKE IDIOCRACY, BECAUSE CLOSEST OF THEM LIVES 30 YARDS FROM ME (I HAVE A PRIVATE HOUSE) AND OF COURSE, NO-ONE HAS PHILIPS! :)
8) Are sure that you have updated software? YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS, WE CHECKED IT TOGETHER 5 MINUTES AGO!
9) Starting form the beginning… No offer to change the TV, no offer to investigate it.
And so and so and so. Actually its quite annoying when you wake up in the middle of the night hearing some replays from really bad Turkish soap operas… So now i unplug it for nighttime. But children cant start TV without adults. Anyone has any clues how to finish this madness except throwing this TV to a garbage can? Charity would be an option, of course…
Is dit een goede vraag?