Shot my starter motor in car?
Hi, I have a car which I don't really drive much often, and I mean.. months between drives. I'm a learner and my parents don't have much time to take me around to get my hours up.
One time my battery was shot and I tried to start the car, I held the ignition and my flywheel was turning, but not enough to get it to start.. So I held it a little longer, hoping it'd turn over..
The turning was getting slower and slower and slower, and I just gave up, this was about 15 sec.
Anyhow, I charged the battery, got it to full so I'd turn the car on no problem.
Except nothing happened. No sound, nothing. My glows turn on, but nothing happens when I hit ignition.
Sounds like my Starter is now shot.. I want to confirm if this is the case before I replace it, and WHY it would be shot because of holding the key.
High current from battery overheating the Solenoid?
Is dit een goede vraag?