Mac not turning on... (Again!)
An Usual, day before yesterday morning, while I opened my 2.5 year old MBA 13' A1466 (Early-2014) (Opened in the sense, I opened the lid. I usually don't shut it down, ). It wasn't turning on.
In those 2.5 years, I never had a single problem, be it battery life or performance.
My Mac's condition:
- 98 cycles completed. Battery health 98-100% (istat menus' reading)
- It's always kept on charge and at 100 %. (This is how its been from past 2 years, except for once a month , intended battery drain to below 50%)
- Neither has the mac ever been dropped nor has water spilled on or in it. It has been handled with utmost care, and also, it hasn't traveled much.
- It's up to date (macOS 12.2.2)
So, day before yesterday I kept trying by pressing the power button again and again, tried doing SMC reset, then after a while like an half-hour so, It started. I used it the whole day, no problems at all and before I went to bed I just closed the lid (as usual).
Next day when I opened (Like after, 8 hours or so) It didn't turn on. I tried everything present on this and other forums, apple communities etc.., no matter how ridiculous they were (banging, shaking), it all went in vain.
- Mac isn't turning on. Appears to be "dead".
- Neither does the fan start and nor does it make any noise when I press the power button. (I in fact, used a stethoscope to check, if it makes any teeny-tiny squeaky noise and NO, it doesn't).
Here are the things I tried:
- Did SMC reset.
- Even discharged it a bit by charging mobile device through Mac's usb port. and did SMC reset again.
- Sightly banged its four corners
- Shake mac, like I mean it
Finally, in the evening decided to open it up and disconnect the battery. The moment I started to unscrew it, I removed one screw, and just thought of checking once more, before I unscrew all. I pressed power button and BAM! it turned on. I instantly did SMC and PRAM reset, ran the diagnostic tool (no problems were found).
There were slight hiccups though, while doing resets, at time it was not turning on after reset, but may be after 5-10 min or so it turned on.
I then restarted and shut down mac several times, and it went all smooth. There was an OS update to 12.2.2 and I updated.
Same thing I did yesterday night, closed the lid and today morning when I opened it, It isn't turning on.
Do you think there may be any sort of hardware issue?
Please tell me is there anything else I should try. I'm not in a state to goto apple store, as the nearest one is 160 miles away and I have exams to study for and all my notes are in it.
P.S : Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to make everything clear.
Is dit een goede vraag?