What is the purpose of this wiring connector?
This is a more general wiring question, as I've seen these kinds of connectors in other devices as well:
1. What is its purpose? On one side it's connected to the AC-in power cord, while the other side goes to the rest of the machine.
2. This connector seems to have had too much juice running through it -- one side burned and melted the plastic for some reason. Does it pose a fire hazard in its current state?
3. Would it be a bad idea if I just bypassed the burnt side entirely, and connected the wires together?
Is dit een goede vraag?