Here is what I did to install my new 2TB SATA drive..
All the steps listed for the 20" work fine up until..
Step 4 note that there are 3 different sizes of screws.
At step 10 follow my instructions below.
- First I covered the iSIte camera with a piece of scotch tape to keep dust out. There is a lot of dust under the LCD panel. I used a can of air to blow it all out which made a big mess and means I'll have to clean the LCD panel.
- Lift the left side of the LCD like it shows you but instead of 4 connector cables for the inverter you will see that there is a large back cable that runs from an analog board to the display. Now look toward the center of the iMac and you will see the hard drive. You want to expose the hard drive and mount.
- Lift the LCD panel enough to clear the black frame then rotate it enough so you have access to the hard drive then set it down. In my case a corner of the LCD panel sat on the black plastic frame of the iMac.
- Gently remove the temperature sensor on the hard drive because you want to put it back on the new hard drive.
- Now grasp the black handle on the hard drive mount and pull toward the hard drive. The hard drive mount will pull up and away from the iMac.
- Disconnect the SATA data and power cables from the hard drive.
- Remove the old drive from the mount (2 screws and 2 post screws) put the new hard drive in and reverse all instructions.
If you covered the iSite camera with a piece of tape don't forget to remove it.
Hope that helps.
I have an iMac 24" referred to as a model 9,1 in the about this mac section. I can't find the EMC number anywhere.
Look on the bottom of the stand.
Hi, can anyone know how to replace an HDD with the iMac 27-inch 2011, please?
door Man Fai Chan
take a look at the guides at the top of the page or under the photo of the mac. i know there isn't a guide for 2011 on there but there are many similarities for getting into these machines. Read through the guide for the 24" or 27" from last model and see if you can work it out. Otherwise you may find some unpublished guides from one of the users called "mayer"..he has also left his contact information on his profile page.
I have just completed a step-by-step guide to replacing the hard drive. Let me know if you have any questions on the process. If it helps you replace your hard drive please make sure to give me credit for answering your question. Thanks, and good luck.
door William Miller
1 commentaar meer tonen