Wiki met studentenbijdrage
Een geweldig team van studenten van ons onderwijsprogramma heeft deze wiki gemaakt.
Sound is Not Playing and/or is Poor
When paired to Bluetooth, connected through Wi-Fi or SmartCasting from your device, no sound can be heard from the speaker, or the sound is buzzing and scratchy.
Device/Volume is Off
Confirm the volume for the speaker and that the device is on and the device is powered on. Check the volume by turning the ring on top to the left/right and the power button LED on the back is a pulsing white or blue indication that it is powered on
Poor Bluetooth Connection
If using a Bluetooth pairing to play sound and nothing can be heard, see Unable to Connect to Bluetooth section.
Poor Wi-Fi Connection
If using a Wi-Fi connection to play sound and nothing can be heard, see Wifi Keeps Dropping section.
Incompatible SmartCast Application
If using SmartCasting to play sound and nothing can be heard, ensure the app you are casting from is compatible with Google Cast by visiting here.
Poor SmartCasting Connection
Confirm the device you are casting from is still connected to Wi-Fi.
Delete and re-download the application you are trying to cast from.
Broken or Weak Bass Woofer
Follow the Vizio SmartCast Crave 360 Bass Replacement guide to replace a broken or weak bass woofer.
Unable to Connect to Bluetooth
The speaker fails to pair with a Bluetooth-enabled device. If the device does pair, the connection is spotty or drops completely. LED is not on nor a solid white or blue to specify the connection
Device is not in Bluetooth Range
Get in the field, around 30 feet (10 meters) from the speaker and Bluetooth device
The software of the speaker may be outdated. Follow these instructions to update the software.
- Ensure that the speaker has been set up with the VIZIO SmartCast App and connected to your network.
- Power the speaker on and wait for the LED to become solid white.
- Place the Crave 360 on the charging dock.
- Open the VIZIO SmartCast App on a tablet or smartphone and select the speaker.
- Select the speaker, tap on the settings icon and go to System Information.
- Tap on Service Check then Tap on Yes to confirm.
- Once the service check has been completed go back to the front page of the app and power off the speaker or press the power button on the back of the speaker. Leave the speaker off for 30 minutes so it can fully download the update and install it.
Speaker Needs to be Reset
- Using a safety pin or paper clip, hold down the button inside of the back of Crave for 20 seconds or until the power light stops flashing.
- Once the Crave is reset, you will need to go through the setup process again.
Reinstall the Vizio Crave 360 app
Will Not Power On
Crave 360 device doesn’t turn on and no light signaling that it is powering up
Issue with the power button
Press the button when attempting to power on and wait for LED to pulse white indicating it is now on
Issue with the charger
Verify the device has been charged
Device is Off
Ensure the Vizio SmartCast is fully charged before turning on the device.
Factory Reset the Device by using a paper clip, or small pin, reset the device by inserting the paper clip/pin into the small hole just below the barcode on the bottom of the speaker.
Speaker Stopped Charging
The device is docked on the charging port but does not hold power and will not turn on
Charger is not connected correctly
The battery might not be charging due to the power station or the wall socket. Ensure that the cord is firmly plugged into the wall and the device is properly on the charging station. If there is still no indication of power, test whether the wall socket is working by plugging another device into the wall that is known to be in working condition.
Damaged Charging Port
If the charger is connected correctly and the speaker is still not charging, the charging port may be damaged.
Follow the Charging Port Replacement Guide to repair this.
If needed a replacement contact Vizio For phone support dial (844) 254-8087
Wifi Keeps Dropping
The product is dropping due to defective software or unable to locate Wifi signal
- Make sure that the speaker is within range of the wifi connection.
- Reset the wifi connection on the speaker.
- If the speaker continues not to connect wirelessly, use the ethernet port on the device to connect to wifi.
Wifi is off
Confirm that your wifi router is turned on and the network is working.
Reset your wifi router.
Incorrect Wifi Password
The speaker does not allow for special characters in the wifi password.