1 - 3 uren
Problem is pretty explanatory. Yes, she did run over it with her Explorer. I chose to fix it to save cost, as it was not worth paying the $100-$120 other repair places were quoting. Also, it provided me some practice as I get my repair business up and running.
I was a little intimidated at first. I have not cracked open a phone to repair, since the late 90's. The pieces are much smaller than what I had to deal with years ago. I could see components with my own eyes back then. Not so much now. Once I started, I could not stop. I was very methodical with this and made sure I followed the process to the letter of the guide. Even reading all the comments and looking for any "gotcha's". I did not have any problems. It took a bit longer than the stated time frame, but I did some exploring along the way. Phone works great. All I had to replace was the LCD screen. Surprising, there wasn't any other noticeable damage.
I always read everything thoroughly, making sure I have all the required parts before starting. I hate to be surprised and stalled because I did not do enough research and be as prepared as I can be. The Magnetic Project Mat was essential to keeping everything together and documenting steps. Also, for someone like me, the lighted magnifying head gear was invaluable.