BlackBerry Key2 Disassembly
How do I fix an antenna broken off the mainboard?
cannot bootup my Key2 Blackberry phone
How do I fix my phone which keeps buzzing and going off every 20 secs
How to change a keyboard?
Background and Identification
The BlackBerry Key2 (stylized as BlackBerry KEY²) is a touchscreen-based Android smartphone with a portrait-oriented, fixed (not sliding) integrated hardware keyboard produced by TCL Corporation under the BlackBerry Mobile brand name. The BlackBerry Key2 is also known as the BlackBerry Athena and was released in June 2018. The Key2 is the successor to the BlackBerry KeyOne and the seventh BlackBerry smartphone to run on the Android operating system. The Key2 LE, an entry-level version of the Key2, was introduced in October 2018.
The Key2 includes several model numbers, mostly dependent on region. The BBF100-1 model was sold in the European Union, Africa, and Australia; the BBF100-2 model was available in Canada, the United States, and Latin America; the BBF100-6 model was sold in Montenegro, Asia-Pacific, and India; the BBF100-4 model was available in China.
The Key2 includes a 4.5-inch multi-touch screen with a resolution of 1080 by 1620 pixels for a pixel density of 434 pixels per inch. The Key2 was sold with 6 GB of RAM and either 64 GB or 128 GB of internal storage. The phone includes a 3500 mAh non-removable battery, meaning the battery’s adhesive is permanent, making repair and replacement difficult, but not necessarily impossible.
Below the display, the Key2 includes a touch-enabled 35-key backlit integrated hardware keyboard which is designed to respond to swipe gestures and also functions as a trackpad. A fingerprint scanner is also integrated into the space bar.
Models: Versions: BBF100-1 (EU, Africa, AU); BBF100-2 (Canada, US, LATAM); BBF100-6 (ME, APAC, India); BBF100-4 (China). Also known as BlackBerry Athena
Release date: June 2018
- Dimensions: 151.4 x 71.8 x 8.5 mm (5.96 x 2.83 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 168 g (5.93 oz)
- Keyboard: QWERTY
- Build: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) - BBF100-6 only
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Capacitive touch 4-row BlackBerry keyboard
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 4.5 inches, 60.0 cm2 (~55.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 1620 pixels, 3:2 ratio (~434 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- eMMC 5.1
- 12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.3", 1.28µm, dual pixel PDAF
- 12 MP, f/2.6, 1/3.4", 1.0µm, PDAF
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Single: 8 MP, f/2.0, 1/4", 1.12µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5 mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS2
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: FM Radio
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Type: Li-Ion 3500 mAh, non-removable
- Fast charging 18W, 50% in 36 min (advertised)
- Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: Black, Silver, Red
- SAR EU: 0.72 W/kg (head) 1.68 W/kg (body)