Winter is here and my garage door does not stay closed
my craftsman 1/2 hp garage door closes and opens fine. However, when i close the door via remote or the wall panel, the door goes down, hits the floor for a few seconds, and then comes back up.
Here is a video that may explain better: https://youtu.be/F5DQLjm5dxA
I’ve gone through the forums and have checked the following:
- checked the 2 censors to make sure they are aligned and the green light is on,.
- I’ve cleaned everything around the sensors it to make sure there is no obstruction.
- I have also unplugged and plugged in the power to the motor
- I’ve played around with the up and down tension adjustments in the back
- I’ve tried holding the wall button to by-pass the sensor. The door still doesn’t stay down. Which makes me wonder if the issue is with the motor unit?
I called a couple of repair guys and they both quoted me $150 to come check it out. I am hoping someone here can help from having this unexpected expense.
Is dit een goede vraag?