Screen suddenly turned to vertical lines, faded to black. Dead.
I was using my iPhone 6 when the screen suddenly became banded with vertical stripes, they then became grey vertical stripes on a darker grey background, and the whole screen then faded to black. The phone was then dead - the mute button didn’t produce a buzz, etc. Would not turn back on.
It was not recognised by the computer/iTunes.
Opened phone and tried another screen - same fault. However, I noticed that when holding down the power button to try turning the phone on, the backlight was lighting even though the screen was still black and the phone was still unresponsive and not recognised by the computer/iTunes.
During tests which involved me removing the battery many times, at one point when holding down the power button, the screen came to life - grey screen with different shade of grey vertical stripes. Still unresponsive and still not recognised by the computer/iTunes.
While phone was open, I connected to the computer and held the power and home buttons which eventually caused the computer to ‘dong’ as it discovered a usb device connected and iTunes to open to say it had detected a phone in recovery mode.
It gave me the option of a restore or installing the latest iOS. I chose the latest iOS as I don’t want to lose everything I have on the phone.
The iOS installation went without a problem. However, after iTunes successfully installed the new iOS, it stated it was going to restart the phone. At this point the phone again became unrecognised by the computer/iTunes.
At no point during any of the above did the screen show anything - it remained black.
I can now press the power button and the backlight comes on, and after a minute goes off. Pressing the power button or home button makes the backlight come back on for a minute each time. However, it seems not to have booted as its unresponsive and still isn’t recognised by the computer or iTunes.
- during use the screen changed to vertical bands and faded to black. Phone unresponsive (as though turned off).
- phone not recognised by computer/iTunes.
- Same issue when a working screen swapped over.
- power and home puts it into recovery mode. I was able to update the iOS successfully while in recovery mode. Phone not recognised by iTunes after iTunes restarted phone following the update.
- Had to disconnect and reconnect battery before backlight would come on again when pressing power button,
- backlight lights up despite screen staying black.
- does not seem to be booting, or at least it’s unresponsive, screen is dark, no mute buzz, no receiving calls, not detected by the computer as a usb device unless I put it into recovery mode.
Any ideas please? I have all the equipment to carry out component level repairs, but not enough of a working knowledge of the phone circuitry to diagnose.
Is dit een goede vraag?