Ga door naar hoofdinhoud

The Digital2 Platinum Pad 9 is an Android tablet with dual core processor, 1 GB of Ram, 8 GB of storage and a 1024x600 HD display. And is equipped with cameras, front and rear, with micro USB ports, head jacks and a micro SD slot.

4 Vragen Bekijk alle

I dropped my Tablet in water. What do I do?

I accidentally dropped my tablet in water now it isn't responding as well as it used to. How can I fix it?

Beantwoord! Bekijk het antwoord Dit probleem heb ik ook

Is dit een goede vraag?

Score 2
Voeg een opmerking toe

3 Antwoorden

Gekozen oplossing


Your best bet is to open the tablet, disconnect the battery, (do not short circuit the battery leads when you remove them from the board, individually insulate them to prevent this from happening) and remove the systemboard from the case.

Then you need to gently wipe clean both sides of the systemboard completely using isopropyl alcohol 90%+ and a Qtip to remove any trace of water and the corrosion that may be caused by the contaminants in the water.

Notice how I am stressing 'gently'. You do not wish to brush the components off the systemboard.

You will also have to clean the battery pcb and all the other components in the case in the same way.

When you are satisfied that you have got it all clean, allow it to dry for at least 24hours before replacing all the components (systemboard/battery/ speakers/ buttons etc) and reconnecting the battery and hope that, because you have been careful and thorough that it will turn on and perform normally. Test it works before replacing the cover.

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

Score 3


How do you open the tablet though? I have a Samsung Tab 7...


Hi @schafivy,

There are a lot of different samsung Tab "7" models ;-)

Here's a link to the ifixit guides with Tab 7 in them. Hopefully one of them is yours and that there is a complete guide for it.


Voeg een opmerking toe

The screen needs to disassemble, clean up the water inside. If the motherboard has a problem needs to a repair shop for repair.

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

Score 0
Voeg een opmerking toe

One of the ways a lot of people remedy getting water on a device is to fill a bowl with rice. Submerge your device in the dry rice and let it sit for a few days. The rice will draw the moisture out of the device and hopefully there will be no harmful side effects. This is the first step I would try.

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

Score -1


Rice is a TV tale doesnt work its for eating . When the device is drys out there is still corrosion on the motherboard to deal with


Hi @bradyy

Electricity and water do not mix. Therefore the first step should always be to shut it down,shake any excess water from the device and then to minimize the possible damage, as soon as possible disconnect (isolate) the power from the device. With removable batteries it is obviously easier to do than with the non- removable type.

Water is a conductor and as the device still has power connected, water will provide a path for current to flow to parts where it was not designed to be, by bridging across components and circuit paths, thereby possibly damaging some components. Turning it off doesn't remove the power from some areas of the systemboard. These days the power button doesn't isolate the battery supply from the board

The power still being present will also aid the electrolysis effect of the water with certain metals, adding to the corrosion problems, caused by the fact that water (except distilled), has various elements (deliberately added or not) in it, which react with certain metals with corrosive results.


Voeg een opmerking toe

Voeg je antwoord toe

David DeMeritt zal eeuwig dankbaar zijn.

Afgelopen 24 uren: 1

Afgelopen 7 dagen: 10

Afgelopen 30 dagen: 52

Altijd: 4,611