1 - 2 uren
The Unit presented the YLOD a couple years ago. The device sat dormant waiting for me to finally get around to fixing it. The price of the kit and my need for the tools for other projects finally gave me the justification I needed to get around to doing the project.
I took my time over the course of 4 hours, I was doing other things at the same time. If I were to repair another PS3, I believe I could do it in a far shorter time frame.
The guide varied a little bit from my actual device (CECHGxx), but the differences were minor leaving no confusion.
After the tear down, I cleaned out as much dust as possible using canned air, cleaned off all the old thermal pads and thermal grease, re-flowed my solder, twice for good measure and put everything back together by reversing the steps in the guide.
Once back together, the PS3 powered up just fine but the Ethernet connection and wireless connections were not working. I was receiving the error 80010201 when trying to connect via wired connection and 80130128 when attempting to connect via WiFi. A quick Internet search pointed to a bad Bluetooth/WiFi module. So I opened the device back up.
Once opened up again, I found the ribbon cable connection for the Bluetooth module had not been seated properly.. OOPS .. reconnected the cable and everything worked perfectly.
Pay close attention to the ribbon cables, be sure to seat them well before moving to the next step.
Be patient, the job isn't hard but if its your first time repairing a PS3 rushing through it comes greatly ill advised.