Water spill on keyboard, won't power up.
My girlfriend has a macbook pro and she enjoys drinking large glasses of water right next to it. Unfortunately, when she last spilled water on it, something went wrong and the mac will not power up anymore (after flipping it and 5 days drying).
I've taken the logic board out and I've seen almost no trace of water damange (the dust on the board was pretty much intact. I see no copper oxidation (greenish), but there are a few brownish (copper color) spots top left of the power pads where it should be white.
The computer will still not turn on when I press the power button. I tried cmd+alt+p+r, nothing.
The magsafe light turns green when I plug it in and the battery indicator says the battery is full.
When I short the power pads, the computer boots up.
Is there an easy way to find out if the keyboard is dead or if it's the keyboard chip (which will be harder to replace obviously)?
Is dit een goede vraag?