Gereedschappen die in deze demontage worden gebruikt
ICYMI, Apple’s having a midsummer’s nightmare:
- June 22: Apple announced a free keyboard replacement program after mounting pressure from a class-action lawsuit over the faulty design of the butterfly keyboard in Macbook Pros.
- July 12: Apple quietly discontinued the 2015 MacBook Pro after a three-year run—which means every laptop in their Pro lineup comes equipped with the controversial butterfly keyboard.
- July 13: Apple launched the new MacBook Pro and carefully mentioned that its third-generation keyboard was re-engineered purely for quietude. We found a silicone membrane under each key cap, seemingly designed to prevent the ingress failures we keep hearing about. And then we found a patent to prove it—from 2016.
- July 16: We teardown the MacBook Pro 15” Touch Bar 2018 and score it a 1.
- The trackpad can be replaced without removing the battery.
- The processor, RAM, and flash memory are soldered to the logic board. Repairs and upgrades will be impractical at best.
- The top case assembly, which includes the keyboard, battery, and speakers, is firmly glued in place—making all those components hard to replace separately.
- The Touch ID sensor doubles as the power switch, and is paired with the T2 chip on the logic board. Fixing a broken power switch may require help from Apple, or a new logic board.
(10 is gemakkelijkst te repareren)
Deze handleiding insluiten
Kies een formaat en kopieer de onderstaande code om deze handleiding in te sluiten als een kleine widget op uw site / forum.