20 - 40 minuten
Replaced the fan
Repair was fairly easy, the photos and guides were a big help and the entire process took about 20 minutes.
This was a pretty straight forward fix, my Mini refused to turn on or turned off after a few minutes. After a few days I decided that the fan was the problem and it arrived about 7 days after I placed my order. Here are a few tips:
- Follow the guide!
- Make sure you have the proper tools, the spudger was pretty handy!
- After you disconnect the bluetooth antenna, make sure you remove the tape holding it to the frame or you will pull the connector loose from the logic board (easy fix, there was another guide on how to replace the BT antenna and I used it to figure out where to hook it back up).
- The lead from the fan to the logic board is a bit tough to get out...be patient!
- You have the whole thing apart a one point...great time to do any other upgrades (hard drive, memory, ect...)
- This is also a great time to blow out all of the dust with canned air!
Overall, I am extremely satisfied and I hope my Mac Mini (which I use as a media server) is issue free for another 4 years. Cost of new Mac Mini vs. this repair is about a $550 savings :)
Thank you iFixit!!!