My phone came into the lake with me will rescuing my dog that had become entangled in some fishing line. My dog survived but my phone had not. I placed it in some rice for about an hour and then put it on my window sill in bright sun. Left it there for 30 minutes, cooled down and came on. Worked ever since but the battery would not hold a charge for any length of time. Used it for a year and never shut it of for fear of not coming back on. I did some research, found this site and pulled the trigger to replace the battery or buy a new phone. Replacement went well, phone is 100% now. Happy man.
The only glitch I had during the repair was with the larger of the two supplied phillips head screw driver. The nose was a tad to long and would not seat in the screw head. I improvised with what I had on hand and completed the job.
My advice to anyone would be purchase a fine set of screw drivers found at radio shack to have on hand and wear a pair off those blue or white surgical gloves to prevent any moisture on your hands and fingers coming in contact with any electronics and place everything on a static free surface.
When connecting the battery to the terminal lay the battery of to the side and just extend the cable a bit ,the job will go very easily.