Apple said we should
Worth the effort but not at all like instructional video, YouTube video is much better. READ the entire instruction set first. Only took me an hour for 2nd phone, I did it alone but a 2nd set of small nimble hands would have been great. Forget about installing gasket, the instructions don't even mention it & It must be done before re-attaching screen plus, it's near impossible. Not sure it's necessary but a liquid sealant would work better. Lots of important detail below.
1. Don't expect screen to pop off as shown. It's been sealed on & suction cup will not do it alone. The cup will get you a tiny crack that will allow pry tool (carefully). Like taking face off case but harder.
2. Use larger rather than smaller Philips driver on screws & keep track of where they go (not the same)
3. There are 3 screen connectors to unhook before laying screen down
4. Pull the strips slowly & carefully. It helps to pry a bit while pulling (w/small screw driver(not provided)). If tape breaks, do not pry w/force. Hopefully, like me, you'll be more careful on second & get one out. Then pry battery up enough to get hold of tape w/tweezers (the tweezers in tool kit are most useful thing in kit). This is when you start needing that extra hand.
5. Don't be surprised if yours isn't like instructions
6. Turn phone on to test after connecting screen & before screwing down cover & closing up (will probably need to plug in charger) then turn it back off
7. You will need those tweezers to put screws on screwdriver (while holding screen up ..3rd hand)