Battery on the 5s was draining too fast each day and would shut down around 22%. Decided it was time to replace it.
Went well. The step of disconnecting the fingerprint ID button was unclear. There was a metal piece and a connector. It popped right out and so I did not see how it was originally in place. I think I got that in. Another scary moment was removing the 4 screws for the top display panel. There upper left screw was under tension and when the screw was removed, the metal plate sprung the screw off. I suggest removing the other 3 screws first and make the top left screw the last. Putting the screws back was also time consuming. Putting the connectors back on isn't as straightforward as I thought. One of the sticky tape holding the battery snapped off and I had to pry the battery away from the base to grab the remaining sticker. Otherwise, it went smoothly. I had to take it apart again when I discovered the camera connector was accidentally loosen.
1. For the top display cover, make the top left screw the last screw to remove.
2. Watch out for the small metal cover of the fingerprint ID cable.
3. Feel the snap when the connectors are put back in. Press just hard enough to feel it "click" into place.
4. Pull the stickers holding the battery straight up towards the top of the phone, even when you are rounding the corners.
5. Be careful not to accidentally lift the camera connector.