I ran into quite a few issues.
1) home button bracket -- must have snapped off and disappeared when I opened the case because I never saw it
2) Old battery adhesive strip snapped off -- didn't realize you weren't supposed to roll it. I managed to get it with tweezers though.
3) I'm glad I practiced putting the new battery in a few times before using adhesive because there's only a certain way to put it in since you can't move it around after you put it in.
4) I applied the new adhesive to the wrong side of the new battery :(
5) I tried using double sided mounting tape instead as a replacement, but it was too thick and after re-assembling the phone pushing down on the screen caused the lcd to get all "wavy"
6) Removing the mounting tape was very difficult, I had to bend the battery heavily and slowly remove it bit-by-bit with tweezers.
7) Despite bending the battery, the battery actually bent back pretty well, so I was able to continue.
8) Then I used picture mounting *stickers* instead, which were super flat. I used 6 small ones which worked well.
See above. Be careful when opening phone (use plastic spudger once small crack appears). Practice putting battery in before applying adhesive. Be super careful which side you apply it. In a pinch, if you have flat double sided tape, just make sure it's not too thick.