newbie fixed his screen - not very easy but not very hard - almost perfect
15 minuten - 1 uur
my iphone5 screen shattered after i fell from the bike
- received the device from ifixit pretty well wrapped
- the suction cup DID NOT work. obviously - since the screen was shattered. so this is not an intelligent tool to be used in this fix, if you ask me.
- it was quite hard to remove the [cracked] screen and i it broke in many new parts while doing so. i needed an extra pair of hands to go about it.
- changing everything was quite easy.
- connecting the [new] cables to the main board WAS NOT very easy, since the connections are very tiny and sensitive, but i think it went ok.
- the screen is working well, but THERE'S A HOT SPOT on part of the screen (which illustrates that the part i got is a bit defective) and the iphone can't change brightness automatically anymore (even though it is set to do so), i don't know if that's a hardware problem or something i did wrong.
- all in all i would say this was a 7/10 experience.
- find a different method to remove your cracked screen, since the suction cup will not work well unless your screen isn't really broken
- be prepared to receive a not-free-from-defect replacement part from ifixit