Successfully installed, with some effort, my new iPhone 5 battery.
15 minuten - 1 uur
My battery was at fifty percent original capacity, and would show e.g. a two percent charge remaining, and when I started charging it, it would show a much higher charge. Also, at times the phone would shut down while showing maybe a twenty to fifty percent charge.
Once I got the front panel off, and removed the battery, everything was very easy. I tried for at least forty five minutes to pull the front panel off with the suction cup I received with my repair kit, but it wouldn't budge. After reading user suggestions, I inserted a razor blade into the bottom left corner of the panel and was able to pry it up easily. The panel then lifted off easily with the plastic device in the kit. The battery wouldn't budge from the phone, but again, user suggestions came to the rescue. I blew hot air from a hair dryer on the back of the phone briefly, and the battery pulled up easily. I was able to get it all back together quickly and the phone works great.
I was told in the fixit instructions that pulling the front panel up with the suction cup took persistent, steady effort. I was persistent and steady, and for some time, but it still wouldn't budge. The razor blade I used did the trick. Also, my battery was really stuck to the phone, so heating the back finally got it loose. I might add that I didn't remove the front panel all the way from the phone, as indicated in the video and the online instructions. So I was saved some unscrewing and difficulty. I held the panel with my left hand while working with my right. And finally, I printed out the online instructions and where pictures of the screws to be removed appeared, I placed tape with two-sided adhesive, and then put each screw on the adhesive over the picture of the screw. The screws didn't move around after removal, and I knew exactly which screw went where.