1 - 2 uren
The copper pin that carries charge to the battery burned out. The phone recognized it was connected to a power source but the battery would not charge.
The phone works again so it went well :)
It was slightly more difficult than my last repair (battery replacement). The real trouble for me came when I had to reconnect the pin to (I believe) was the antenna connection. It's a very small pin and the metal ring in the female end, near the logic board, can bend/warp easily.
The iFixit guide is a conservative approach to the repair. Disconnecting the battery and removing the logic board is not necessary (but is good practice to keep from shocking/electrocuting yourself or from damaging the logic board).
My approach was to remove the top cover, disconnect the battery, and remove the speaker assembly. The charging port assembly can be replaced after that. It's a quicker repair (took me 30 minutes even with the difficulty connecting the antenna jack) if you are confident in your dexterity with your hands ;)