Our Sony teardown contest is complete, and we’re ready to announce the winners!
We received 19 different entries for the contest, featuring all sorts of Sony products:
- Sony CD Walkman D-NF430
- Sony Clie PEG-SJ20
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W120
- Sony D822-K Car Discman
- Sony DIgital Projector VPL-ES1
- Sony Dream Machine ICF-C211
- Sony DSC-H2
- SONY DVD Player DVP-NS715P
- Sony MDR-IF33K Cordless Stereo Earphone System
- Sony MZ-R700 Minidisc
- Sony PlayStation 2 (Author: matte18)
- Sony PlayStation 2 (Author: Pollux)
- Sony PlayStation 3
- Sony PSP 1003
- Sony Stereo Cassette-Corder CFS-930
- Sony TR-63 Transistor Radio
- Sony Vaio Digital Studio PCV-RZ14G
- Sony Walkman – WM-FX20
- Sony Vaio VGN-T140P
The Sony Playstation 3 teardown was voted Best Overall. Author karasumachitose wins a PS3 Slim for a thorough walkthrough of how to get inside the PS3!
The judges were six members of the Wired editorial staff:
- Dylan Tweney, Wired.com senior editor of Gadget Lab
- Betsy Mason, Wired.com senior editor of Wired Science
- Daniel Dumas, Wired.com associate editor of reviews
- Brian Chen, Wired.com reporter
- Priya Ganapati, Wired.com reporter
- Alexis Madrigal, Wired.com reporter
The judges labored for hours trying to pick the best teardowns. We thank them kindly for donating their time and for partnering with us for this contest. We loved the variety of teardowns you contributed. A good portion of them included tidbits on repair or reassembly, giving the world a useful resource, in addition to the pretty pictures. Good job to everyone who participated!
Want to create a teardown of your own? Get started!