We are ecstatic to '''finally''' have the opportunity to disassemble an iPod touch with a camera and not just an [guide|1158|empty camera slot|stepid=6204].
This is one of three iPod teardowns this week! We'll be also taking apart the new [[Topic:iPod Nano 6th Generation|iPod Nano]], and we took apart the new [[Topic:iPod Shuffle 4th Generation|Shuffle]] yesterday. Stay in the loop [http://twitter.com/ifixit|on twitter] as the week progresses.
In case you missed it, last week we celebrated a major milestone. In addition to enabling Apple repair, we now have [link|/Game-Console-Parts|parts] and [[Topic:Game_Console|repair manuals for most game consoles]]! We decided to celebrate by taking a trip through time and ripping apart five [[Topic:Retro_Game_Console|retro consoles]]:
* '''[guide|3531|Magnavox Odyssey 100]''' released August 1975
* '''[guide|3527|RCA Studio II]''' released January 1977
* '''[guide|3541|Atari 2600]''' released October 1977
* '''[guide|3199|Nintendo Famicom]''' released July 1983
* '''[guide|3540|Nintendo Virtual Boy]''' released August 1995
Shameless plug: We fund teardowns like this by selling [http://www.ifixit.com/iPod-Parts/iPod-Touch|iPod Touch Parts]! We've also got free open-source [[Topic:iPod Touch|repair manuals]] for every iPod Touch but [[Topic:iPod Touch 4th Generation|this one]], and we're working on that.