MBA Power Management issue; won't boot ; tried resetting SMC, NVRAM
A1465 11” 1.6 Ghz i5. An apparent power surge, caused the MBA to shut off for a few hrs. After that, the charging light came on, remains in orange, even if left over night. Occasionally, pressing the power button causes the below scenarios to occur
- Once, the flashing question mark folder appeared and did not boot further
- On two occasions, pressing the power button continuously caused two single chimes to be heard on two separate occasions, but did not boot
- Tried resetting SMC, NVRAM, going into recovery mode (even internet recovery), but no response
- Flashed light onto the apple logo from the back to see if anything is appearing on the display, yet nothing appears on the display
- Fan does not run. On one occasion (concurrent with the flashing folder display), the fan ran at a very loud speed, and not since then.
Current status is that led charging remains in orange and for all apparent purposes, the MBA is dead.
Going through answers on this forum, some who encountered this issue, had keyboard issues, others had battery issues, some others had logic board issues.
It is not clear if I should be ordering a replacement battery or a replacement logic board in this case.
It seems to be a power management issue.
I am working through such an issue for the first time. Hence any inputs on what I should be testing and where I should be looking for the problem, will help.
Is dit een goede vraag?