MBP suddenly shows blue screen, shuts down
I am using a 2011 MBP 15" with Mac OS High Sierra from my wife and after a few days of no problem, it happened:
- A hot battery
- Fans making a lot of noise
- Flickering in the screen, then blue
- Then it restarts itself
I shut it down and after some time restarted
- After a few restarts, same problem every time.
Situation (that might give some clues):
- MBP power cord was plugged in last few days (of no problem), when blue screen happened, it wasn't (battery was around 20%)
- Google Drive (local) failed to load. When quitting it and restarting it , the blue screen happened right away (might be a coincidence).
We've had this problem before, but the local computer repair company said they could not find anything
Any tips for a non-techie?
Is dit een goede vraag?