Ga door naar hoofdinhoud

The Officejet is HP's line of office inkjet printers.

299 Vragen Bekijk alle

Curious about what a part does

I was just tearing down this old HP printer because i got a new better one, and I came across something strange. It looks like a piece of metal with a slit cut into it for the wire. This wire wen't to the display panel/buttons. And on a note, this object was slightly ferrous. It was weak though.

Block Image

Beantwoord deze vraag Dit probleem heb ik ook

Is dit een goede vraag?

Score 0
Een opmerking toevoegen

1 Antwoord

Het nuttigste antwoord

Hi @parzival ,

Just guessing, but since the cable seems to be passing through it it may be a type of ferrite choke designed to filter the EMI effects on the wires going to the display panel. (like what is found on better video cables connecting a monitor to a PC etc)

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

Score 1


I could see that. After going deeper, it was on EVERY ribbon cable in the printer. And i could especially see that because there are at lest 3-4 motors in this printer.


Een opmerking toevoegen

Voeg je antwoord toe

Kevin zal eeuwig dankbaar zijn.

Afgelopen 24 Uren: 0

Afgelopen 7 Dagen: 0

Afgelopen 30 Dagen: 0

Altijd: 22