Why is my Screen Dim?
I realize this question has been asked and answered before and I apologize if this seems redundant, but my situation is a bit different. My MacBook Pro did have a normally functioning monitor when I first bought it off eBay. The hinge was damaged so the first thing I did was to replace the LCD with another one from a spare MacBook pro. The MacBook boots up fine every time, but the video is so dim that I can only see what on the screen by shining a flashlight onto the screen. Below are all of the steps I have taken:
- I took the LCD panel off and put it on a different MacBook and that MacBook display looked fine so I know the LCD panel is fine.
- I have connected the MacBook to an external display and everything looked fine
- I have reset the SMC
- I have reset PRAM
- I tried the obvious - pressing F2 to increase the brightness
- I checked the Energy Saver settings under System Preferences
- I checked the connectors from the LCD to the Logic Board - all look tight and snug
At this point, I am at a loss. I do not know what else to check. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Is dit een goede vraag?