- Hope this helps you in the meantime Evan sorry I can't be more precise until I get parts in...
- I'll test this over the weekend...screen crack on S6 so I don't have access to the phone until the weekend. parts expected delivery is 01-29-2016
- Not a whole lot you can break with an adb pull but if you feel uncomfortable with an untested guide then wait for me to update my answer.
I'm assuming you're already able to connect your S6 via adb so...
adb to pull all files from android to PC should be
- "adb root pull / /computer/path/"
- there is a space between " / " and " /computer/path/ " these are two separate directories
- if you get an error "adbd cannot run as root in production builds" remove the root and accept that you will only get the files/folders you own (your music, your pictures, etc) -- I saw your other post so I am assuming this is the case.
explanations in order:
- base pull command
- "adb pull /phone/path /computer/path/"
- adb root
- this makes the adb session a root owned session and will allow you to copy files and folders that are owned by root which would be omitted from " adb pull " without 'root's inclusion.
- pull files from android device
- this is the base directory of the android device.
- with adb pull and adb push commands having a " / " at the end of a path will make the pull or push recursive.
- This is the location where you would like to save all the data onto your computer.
- I recommend creating a new folder for this ie:
I hope this temp solution helps you. If not I'll be posting a detailed "download SDK" to "adb pull everything" as soon as I fix the screen and am able to enable debugging.