Ga door naar hoofdinhoud

Model A1312 / Mid 2010 / 3.2 GHz Core i3 or 2.8 & 3.6 GHz Core i5 or 2.93 GHz Core i7, ID iMac11,3

368 Vragen Bekijk alle

Damaged LCD top ribbon cable


During the cleaning of my iMac 27" I accidentally damaged one of the top ribbon cables (the ones that connect the display to the little logic board attached to the lcd), is there anyway to replace this ribbon without soldering on the logic board?

It's the same problem as on this picture, same mac and the same mistake. Any ideas whether this is repairable?

Block Image


Beantwoord! Bekijk het antwoord Dit probleem heb ik ook

Is dit een goede vraag?

Score 2
1 Opmerking

Any other ideas?


Voeg een opmerking toe

2 Antwoorden

Gekozen oplossing

faabamskeelb, that is not a LVDS cable. That is one of the TAB. LCD panels use TABs to connect to the driver boards. TABs are (tape automated bonding). It's called FFC/FPC. FFC is flexible flat cable, whereas FPC is flexible printed cable. This is what is referred to as the TAB's. Check Wikipedia if you need to get deeper into in. The repair of those is extremely difficult due to the size of it. Unless you have the ability and tools to microsolder, you will have to replace the LCD. Hope this helps, good luck.

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

Score 1
Voeg een opmerking toe
Het nuttigste antwoord

That's very easily replaceable! Don't worry too much! I'll link a guide where you can fix it! It might be expensive but: iMac Intel 27" EMC 2390 Display Replacement

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

Score 1

5 opmerkingen:

Thanks for your reply, but that's replacing the entire LCD right?

My question is whether it's possible to fix just that damaged cable so that I can still use this display assembly...


Not unless you can find the specific cable online, if you do, you can follow that guide in replacing it!


Yeah that's part of the problem, I do not know what that cable is called exactly.. I know how to take the iMac apart up to the point where you see the cable, but I'm wondering if it's even possible to replace it without doing some micro soldering... Thanks again for helping


Oh, that's called an LVDS cable


Don't forget, if this was helpful, to mark this answer as Accepted!


Voeg een opmerking toe

Voeg je antwoord toe

faabamskeelb zal eeuwig dankbaar zijn.

Afgelopen 24 uren: 4

Afgelopen 7 dagen: 13

Afgelopen 30 dagen: 50

Altijd: 5,617